The new Beacon is available here: Beacon V3. This page serves as a reference only.
This beacon is perfect for finding your lost model aircraft. It transmits a signal on three different power levels. With a simple walkie-talkie and a directional antenna, you can locate your model by tracking the strongest signal. You can choose the delay and operating frequency.
When you power on the beacon, it only starts transmitting after a delay time. The best delay time is usually your normal flight time. While flying, the beacon does not transmit, which extends battery life. If you have not landed and powered off the beacon after the delay time, it starts transmitting, and you can localize your plane. We pre-program the operating frequency and delay, but you can change the delay and operating frequency yourself with the downloadable software or the button on the device.
- Standalone unit, with seperate power supply for reliability.
- Long battery life and low power consumption.
- Long range, around 2 km with a directional receiver antenna.
- Configurable with serial (computer) or button interface.
- Operating frequency: 400 - 470MHz
- Operating voltage: 3.4 - 6V
- Standby current: ~40µA
- Operating current: ~15mA (1s transmitting every 3s)
- Very light weight (3.5 grams)
- Small size (26x18x4mm)
To choose your frequency:
Many walky talkies work in the PMR446 band, to choose your frequency, you can choose these from the band:
If your walkie-talkie uses a different frequency, you can choose those from 400 up to 470MHz.
Programming process via button: Beaconprogprocess.pdf
The new V2.2 firmware has been released! New features include:
- Increased interval between tones after set time (longer battery life)
- Custom power settings for every tone
- Firmware update feature added
- Software now shows connection status with beacon
How to program the Beacon Ver. 2:
- Product Code: Beacon-rf-0002
- Availability: Out Of Stock